The Gardener will be a critical, hands-on component of the Horticulture team, a non-supervisory position reporting directly to the Landscape Manager, and as needed will also work closely with Horticulturists and the Horticulture Manager. By utilizing their ornamental horticulture knowledge, the Gardener will ensure the effective hands-on care of horticultural displays, living collections, indoor landscapes, and will also perform general landscape maintenance duties. The Gardener is a non-supervisory position.
• Participation in daily hands-on horticulture, urban agriculture, and grounds maintenance
• Conduct and record under supervision fertilizer, pesticide and herbicide applications
• Maintain all landscaped areas and natural areas
• Integrated Pest Management practices as directed
• Landscape management practices as directed
• Maintenance of permanent orchid collections and temporary displays as directed
• Operation of typical landscape power equipment
• Work with volunteer teams
• Garden cleanliness
• General landscape maintenance duties
The Gardener requires a basic knowledge and experience in landscape management practices, including turf management, display horticulture, and Integrated Pest Management. A basic knowledge of subtropical and tropical landscape plants and landscape management practices is desired. An Associate’s Degree in Horticulture, Landscape Maintenance or equivalent experience is required. No certifications are required for this position. The Employee may seek additional certifications upon request and departmental approval
Vizcaya offers excellent benefits. The salary range for this position is $33,007 - $45,655. Vizcaya currently has two Gardener positions open.
Please email your cover letter, resume, and 3 references to email@example.com
No phone calls please.
Vizcaya Museum and Gardens is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.