Theodore Payne Foundation (TPF) seeks to expand audiences and extend its regional presence through innovative adult education programs. The Adult Education Manager will work closely with the Executive Director, education staff, and instructors to strengthen curriculum, diversify instructional strategies and venues, and hire new teaching staff, in addition to helping shape our overall growth strategy by analyzing enrollment data and student evaluations. Adult Education programs include, but not limited to, classes, lectures, workshops, tours, and other educational experiences. Adult education content includes, but is not limited to, home gardening, garden design, biodiversity, conservation, science, health and wellness, garden arts, and other topics that connect people with California native plants. Additionally, the manager coordinates program logistics, maintains materials, keeps accurate records, communicates with instructors and participants, and supports the Foundation’s efforts. This position is half-time and reports to the Executive Director.
• Sick time
• Staff discount
• Worker’s Compensation Insurance
Essential Job Duties:
• Creates a welcoming environment with high quality customer service.
• Develops, plans, and implements adult and public certificate and non-certificate programs in coordination with TPF staff and in support of TPF’s strategic goals.
• Accurately schedules, records, and communicates information about programs, facilities, instructors, resources, registrations, and other data.
• Writes course descriptions, curricula, brochures, fliers, reports, and other materials.
• Communicates programs offered, administers surveys, tracks progress in class registration, posts class opportunities online, and follows established marketing procedures as well as identifying and using new marketing outlets.
• Understands, tracks, and works to complete budgetary goals set by supervisor by maintaining up-to-date records and spreadsheets.
• Coordinates and supervises volunteers as part of the adult education team, including regular information-sharing and volunteer training sessions specific to adult education.
• Identifies partnership opportunities and foster relationships for programming.
• Coordinates all logistics for offsite classes, as needed.
• Designs and maintains procedural manuals for staff, instructors, and students.
• Researches and resolves disputes and problems within established guidelines.
Other Job Duties:
• Assists the marketing and education teams in developing and improving marketing plans and strategies.
• Delivers presentations, trainings, and programs as needed.
• Works with all departments to assure highest quality experience for all TPF visitors.
• Maintains satisfactory working relationships with managers, co-workers, and others.
• Maintains a positive, helpful, and solution oriented demeanor when responding to or serving members and visitors.
• Performs other duties as requested by management.
• Bachelor’s degree and two years’ related experience or training in programming for public audiences, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience, required
• Strong organizational, supervisory, and interpersonal skills required
• Capability to work independently and in a team environment required
• Strong customer service experience required
• Database management experience required
• Excellent computer skills required
• Availability to work evenings and weekends required
• Knowledge of native plant horticulture, botany, and gardening topics preferred
• Teaching or educational administration experience preferred
• Outstanding analytical skills necessary
Send cover letter, resume, writing sample, and references to email@example.com with the subject heading of: Adult Education Manager