Plant Delights Nursery/Juniper Level Botanic Garden, is a perennial plant nursery established in Raleigh in 1988, offering unique, rare, well grown and properly named perennials to passionate gardeners around the world. The scope of our operation requires a maintenance and facilities person with an ability to handle a diverse set of projects, ranging from basic repairs to full construction projects. We are looking for a candidate desiring to embrace multiple aspects of design, repair, and maintenance.
About Plant Delights: We have one of the most extensive perennial trialing programs in the country. Our concern goes far beyond selling plants! Despite being best known as a nursery, we actually exist for our work as a private 28-acre botanical garden and plant research facility focusing on ex-situ plant conservation, plant exploration, breeding, and propagation. We have an open position for a Maintenance and Facilities Person in a high energy, fast paced, team. We are a family owned company with a mission to support research, education and the exploration of plants through the sales of unique perennial plants.
We offer a casual dress code, a diverse staff, and a friendly working environment.
Employee Classification: Salary, Permanent Full Time
Salary Range: $38,000 BOE
Benefits: We offer an extensive benefits plan that includes Health, Dental & Vision Insurance, Life Insurance & a company matching Simple IRA. We also have paid Public Holidays, PTO & Vacation days.
Standard Business Hours: Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm + eight open nursery and garden sales weekends each year
Qualified candidates MUST:
• Demonstrate skill and proficiency with at least three of the following categories: carpentry, electrical, irrigation, plumbing, basic equipment maintenance and small engine repair.
• Be able to learn to maintain all nursery greenhouses and facilities in optimal working order.
• Maintain the nursery and garden irrigation system, wells and pumps.
• Have good communication skills with the ability to work well with others as well as independently.
• Possess good manual dexterity, be able to walk, bend, kneel, occasionally lift heavy items and be outside for extended periods of time in varying weather including heat and cold.
• Have a valid driver’s license.
Ideal candidates will have at least 5 years of experience in facilities and maintenance work. Preferably in a nursery/greenhouse setting.
Send cover letter & resume with a detailed description of work history along with 3 professional references to JOBS@PlantDelights.com