This position is responsible for performing a variety of duties associated with public engagement serving the needs of volunteers, visitors and patrons of the NC Arboretum in Asheville.
As a seasonal role, the position will require a Wednesday through Monday schedule from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. each day. Pay will be $12. This position will work from October 23, 2017, until December 31, 2017.
• Help open the building, secure building at closing and prepare building for next business day;
• Provide outstanding customer service to visitors;
• Answer phones at the information desk;
• Keep the information desk area organized and properly stocked, and provide support and guidance to information desk volunteers
• Assist with membership questions, purchases and renewals;
• Act as a point of contact for all customer service issues;
• Collaborate with housekeeping staff to ensure cleanliness of the building;
• Serve as building safety representative;
• Prepare incident reports in the case of accident, illness or injury;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Knowledge-Technical: Knowledge of basic computerized point of sale systems and office equipment.
• Interpersonal Skills: Must enjoy working with the public, meeting new people and partnering with staff and volunteers.
• Communication: Must be able to communicate effectively and with the public, volunteers and staff.
• Customer Service: Recognize potential problems in service, and address and resolve promptly and respectfully.
Two years’ experience in customer service, retail or a related field. High School graduation or GED preferred.
Preference will be given to applicants with experience at an educational or non-profit organization, public garden, public park or similar entity.
To learn more or apply, please visit https://uncgacareers.northcarolina.edu/postings/68950