Provide administrative and event coordination for the program which supports over 1200 volunteers. Manage the onboarding and orientation process of all new volunteers.
● Schedule volunteers for major special events and send schedule confirmation correspondence. Prepare schedules for event supervisors, distribute them in a timely manner. Send reminders and event details to all volunteers.
● Manage the onboarding and orientation process of all new volunteers. Coordinate volunteer applicant interviews, reference checks and background screening.
● Provide on-site volunteer supervision and support for special events and other activities.
● Prepare correspondence in response to requests for volunteer information.
● Audit and record volunteer hours and create and analyze reports from database information.
● Assist with the planning and implementation of volunteer appreciation events, recruitment fairs, and Human Resources department events for employees, including the quarterly New Employee and New Volunteer Orientation.
● In partnership with Manager of Volunteer Services, update and publicize volunteer opportunities, including bulletin boards, fliers, online, and the Arboretum website.
● Assist with the writing, printing, and distribution of the monthly e-newsletter, Branches.
● Maintain supplies and forms for the Volunteer Office. Manage the scheduling and ID software systems.
● Other duties as assigned.
Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred. 2+ years office or customer service experience required. Experience as a volunteer, supervising volunteers, or working in an organization that relies on volunteers is preferred. Event management experience strongly preferred. Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner required. Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, experience with Gmail and other Google applications and database management software (specifically Volgistics) knowledge beneficial. Willingness to adapt to new and evolving technologies and programs.
Outgoing, friendly, and energetic individual who is able to relate effectively with people of diverse cultural backgrounds, education, ages and experiences. Highly organized individual who can handle multiple tasks with frequent interruptions. Must have a “can-do” attitude to ensure a successful experience for volunteers, visitors, and staff. A self-starter skilled in solving problems, motivating others, and generating goodwill.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
● Physical Demands: Requires some physical activity: limited lifting and carrying (up to 25 lbs.), working in all weather conditions during special events, walking on uneven terrain.
● Work Environment: Office environment. Work is primarily performed indoors with occasional outdoor work for special events and programs.
● Equipment: General office equipment, two-way radio.
● Schedule: Position requires occasional weekend and evening hours during peak seasons and programs.
To apply, visit http://mortonarb.org/employment.
The Morton Arboretum is an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving a diverse workforce.