Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Education and Interpretive Programming or his/her designee, and in cooperation with the Horticultural Maintenance/Education staff, performs customer relations functions at parks and facilities, providing information and assistance to groups and individuals to ensure an enjoyable visit and that visitors are following Park Commission Rules & Regulations.
Assists groups, photographers, and other users with reservations by greeting them, providing directions or other information, parking assistance, acting as a resource and point of contact.
• Assists groups, photographers, and other users without reservations by advising group of
reservation procedure and processing daily permits and directing them to available areas, if
• Provides basic information about sites to visitors, such as suggested walks, garden information, site history and highlights, etc.
• Assures that reservable areas are free of litter and debris before and after reservations.
• Resolves conflicts between multiple rental groups, the general park patrons etc.
• Assures that rental groups vacate rented areas on a timely basis.
• Processes permits and collects fees from groups, photographers and other users without
• Reviews daily activity reservations to prepare for patron arrival and monitoring of area.
• Locks/unlocks buildings to facilitate user rentals and monitors same as required.
• Advises park users of policies, rules and regulations, and operating guidelines in a positive,
friendly manner. Encourages compliance without confrontation.
• Contacts Park Police for group assistance for roadway traffic control, injuries, disorderly
conduct, or other emergencies.
• Records daily park activity as requested.
• Assists, as needed, with specific special event or activities such as Park Commission
programming, weddings and various rentals, concerts, including but not limited, to setups,
breakdowns, participation, clean up, trash and litter removal etc.
• Is responsible for any Park Commission equipment issued during scheduled shift, such as a
vehicle, two way radio, etc.
• May be required to travel between several park sites, according to the schedule of activities.
• Assists with minor maintenance procedures such as watering plants, cleaning, etc. as required.
• Assists with trash and litter removal as required.
Continuously patrols and monitors park areas as directed on foot or by vehicle to accomplish the functions listed above.
Possession of a valid New Jersey Driver’s license.
• Minimum age: 18 years in order to operate Park Commission vehicles.
• Very good customer service skills particularly in effectively communicating with others.
• Outgoing, friendly attitude and ability to be self‐directed and responsible is also helpful.
• Flexible schedule requirements – must be prepared to work most seasonal weekends May
• Ability to fulfill the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable
$12.10 per hour
Please visit http://morrisparks.net/index.php/commission/employment/ for full job description and additional information regarding the Park Commission. Please download the employment application and submit with cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
The Morris County Park Commission is an equal opportunity employer.