The Seed Your Future Communications Intern will support key functions to advance the strategic plan for the movement – including creating awareness around careers in horticulture, driving engagement through the website and social media, and building the capacity of the movement. Key to the position is supporting the value proposition to intrigue the target audience with the aspirational basis for why they should care about horticulture and careers working with plants; and why they should want to learn more. This position will be integral to amplifying the horticulture message within our target audiences (tweens, their teachers and their parents), with the goal to show new and unexpected possibilities of horticulture in an eye-catching, relatable and achievable way.
1. All tasks are performed in alignment with Longwood’s organizational values and are in support of achievement of Longwood’s Strategic Plan.
2. Support the social media content strategy – including multiple channels (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat). Including:
3. Supporting the Seed Your Future BLOG. Including:
3. Support the digital influencers strategy for the BLOOM! Campaign of Seed Your Future. Including:
4. Maintain the Seed Your Future website and BLOOM! Microsite. Including:
5. Support the Seed Your Future Partnerships program. Including:
6. Assist with the Earned Media Strategy of Seed Your Future. Including:
7. Works on assigned independent project(s) based on the individual’s professional interests with respect to current SYF strategic initiatives.
8. Actively contribute to all required Longwood student/intern work projects as defined by the Director of Domestic and International Studies, as well as participates in student/intern activities as appropriate considering the intern’s professional interests and work priorities.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or a related field, preferred.
• Some coursework in plant-related classes helpful but not required.
• Some coursework in association management helpful but not required.
Apply online through our website:
Deadline is February 1, 2019