The Associate Development Director reports to the Development Director and leads volunteer efforts to generate substantial underwriting of the annual antiques show event at Lauritzen Gardens. The Associate also assists broader garden efforts, initiatives and activities to meet more generalized goals of developing new and sustaining existing contributed revenue.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Serve as primary liaison and catalyst to antiques show volunteer leadership to reach annual fund-raising goals.
• Manage event budget to meet fundraising goals.
• Identify new sources of contributed revenue and develop relationships to sustain existing and develop new gifts.
• Manage a part-time employee tasked with leading all administrative aspects of the annual antiques show event.
• Communicate effectively with garden staff and antiques show volunteers, donors and suppliers.
Education and Experience
• Minimum of five years of experience in development and event planning.
• Excellent writing and communication skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, public administration, communications or equivalent.
Send cover letter and resume to Lauritzen Gardens, attention Mike Sullivan, 100 Bancroft Street, Omaha, NE 68108 or firstname.lastname@example.org