Vice President of Institutional Advancement Department: Advancement
• Employment Type: Full Time, Exempt
• Benefits: Available Start Date: Immediate
• Schedule: This is a salaried position. Periodic evening and weekend availability required to support Garden events and activities.
• Job Summary: Responsible for the development and execution of a comprehensive, strategic donor development plan that encompasses both operational and capital fund raising, constituent relationship management, and ongoing growth in the depth of support required to support the long-term mission of the Huntsville Botanical Garden. Provide vision, direction and management oversight to the Advancement Department staff and volunteer resources in support of the continued growth of Garden membership, volunteer engagement, and multiple donor-development and solicitation programs. Serve on the Garden’s executive leadership team, contributing to long-range planning and implementation of strategic initiatives to further Garden development. Working closely with the CEO/President and members of the Board of Directors, responsible for the ongoing development of a broad base of individual donor, corporate, community and public support to provide funding for the Garden’s Master Plan.
• Duties Include: Evaluate current methods and fund-raising practices, regularly monitoring the effectiveness of various programs and support functions of the Advancement Department; Develop and execute solicitation strategies for Garden Operating Budget fund-raising programs to include corporate and individual sponsorships, memorials and honorariums, public support, grants, appeals and other revenue generating events and activities to meet and exceed departmental budgets; Manage donor development events and relationship building practices that will ensure consistent, ongoing communication with both existing supporters and prospects. Maintain processes to ensure documentation of donor-related activities that will provide status of the donor’s support of the Garden to all parties involved in fund-raising efforts; Define and direct strategic goals, budgets and action-oriented objectives for the Membership, Volunteer, and Advancement department functions; Develop and implement strategies for capital fund raising campaigns to support the Garden’s Master Plan; Coordinate interaction with the Garden’s Foundation Board of Directors to increase Endowment and Planned Giving growth; Direct development of departmental collateral pieces to further develop brand recognition of various Advancement department programs; Ensure administrative processes supporting departmental functions are well-defined, documented, and executed in a timely and accurate manner. Oversee development of departmental reporting and data utilization to provide value-added tools for constituent development; Provide supervision and direction to Advancement staff that ensures proper training, performance feedback and opportunity for growth; Effectively perform management responsibilities including budget development, cost management, strategic planning, and leadership as an active participant in the executive management team.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience, preferably within the field of nonprofit management or related fields such as communications, public relations, marketing or business. Graduate degree or professional fundraising/non-profit management accreditation preferred.
• Experience: A minimum of five years successful nonprofit or business management experience in developing and implementing fundraising or sales programs. Prior direct or indirect (Board participation) experience in a non-profit environment managing fundraising programs such as annual giving, capital campaigns, special projects, grants, planned giving, fundraising events or endowments. A proven record of capital fundraising strategic planning and execution producing donations in excess of $100,000. Previous personnel management experience to include direct supervision of departmental staff performing various levels of administrative and management responsibilities.
• Skills: Highly organized; Ability to analyze and plan at both strategic and tactical levels; Proficient at design and execution of fund-raising campaigns, programs and events; Thorough understanding of donor community and resources needed to engage; Superior verbal, written, and presentation communication skills; Excellent computer skills utilizing Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Prior hands-on experience utilizing constituent database software program with emphasis on development of reporting and analysis tools. Demonstrates the ability, desire, and confidence to interact effectively with varied constituencies, including cold-calling prospects. A self-motivated team player who is capable of providing leadership and direction through initiative and by example. Demonstrated ability to set and achieve established goals.
To Apply please submit your cover letter and resume as follows:
E-mail: email@example.com Fax: (256) 830-5314
Mail: Huntsville Botanical Garden, 4747 Bob Wallace Ave., Huntsville, AL 35805
OR Complete Employment Application (available at Visitor’s Center desk).
*** All applications submitted must indicate the name of position for which you are applying as well as your salary history and requirements. ***