Holden Forests & Gardens is one of Northeast Ohio’s largest and most important cultural and environmental institutions. It comprises two campuses; the urban Cleveland Botanical Garden campus located in Cleveland’s University Circle and the rural Holden Arboretum campus located in Kirtland, OH. Holden Forests & Gardens is the 12th largest public garden in the U.S.
The Development Associate is an integral member of the Development team at Holden Forests and Gardens and is primarily responsible for providing superior customer service to current and prospective donors, processing gifts and memberships at both campuses, and generating donor and member acknowledgements at both campuses. This position will work at both locations but will be based at the Botanical Garden.
• Provide excellent customer service to current members and prospective members
• Use our donor database, Altru to enter and track all contributed income
• Acknowledge gifts at both campuses, including printing and mailing membership cards
• Maintain data cleanliness by updating constituent information as needed
• Provide support for member and donor events
• Process donation requests across both campuses as needed
• Tracking supply of collateral material as needed (envelopes, letterhead, etc.)
• Assists with appropriate meeting and event planning and logistics as needed
• Assists with other Development functions as needed
• All other duties as assigned
• 3+ years of office experience
• Experience in Microsoft Excel, Word, basic data entry
• Experience with donor database systems; Altru or Blackbaud experience preferred
• Detail-oriented and have strong organizational skills.
• Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Position will work between both locations but will be based at one location
• Typical work week is Monday – Friday with some weekend and evening hours required.
• Must pass a criminal background and substance test.
• Must have a driving record in good standing.
Review of applications with begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Qualified applicants should submit a résumé with salary requirements online to:
Posting Date: August 2018
Holden Forests & Gardens is an equal opportunity, ADA employer and a drug-free workplace