Bowman’s Hill Wildflower Preserve, in New Hope, Pennsylvania, is seeking a Development Associate to provide administrative support to the Development Office. The Development Associate is an integral part of the Preserve staff, providing crucial administrative support to the development office and overseeing recruitment and retention of the Preserve’s 1600+ memberships. The position is responsible for database management, data entry, gift processing and coordination of the Preserve’s membership programs. The ideal candidate will be friendly and energetic with good time-management, organizational and computer skills. A Bachelor’s degree and experience in the non-profit sector with donor management databases, such as Raiser’s Edge, are strongly preferred. Interest in gardening, education, nature protection, and conservation is a plus.
Work Schedule: This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, with occasional weekend and evening work required.
Benefits: Benefits include health insurance with medical, prescription, dental and vision plans; paid vacation time; and, sick leave.
• Manage and maintain the confidential donor database. Continually update and correct database records. Support others in the use of Raiser’s Edge software.
• Prepare deposit slips and process all charitable contributions including donations, in-kind contributions, tribute and memorial gifts, memberships, grants, event proceeds, and matching gifts.
• Prepare acknowledgement letters, membership cards and other correspondence.
• Oversee fulfillment of membership, sponsor, and donor recognition.
• Manage lists including membership, mail, email, invitation and prospect lists
• Coordinate mailings, including invitations, appeals, newsletters and membership renewals.
• Create queries, exports, and reports from Raiser’s Edge and analyze results.
• Assist in the coordination of development office volunteers.
• Attend fundraising and outreach events as assigned and assist with event materials, preparation, registrations, banks, set-up, and clean-up.
• Coordinate database updates and keep current on advances in database management software.
• Two or more years experience in non-profit database management, Raiser’s Edge preferred.
• Two or more years of experience in non-profit fundraising and/or non-profit membership activities.
• Must be able to cultivate and maintain member, donor, and staff relationships.
• A demonstrated ability to record and report information clearly, concisely and accurately.
• Must be highly organized and detail-oriented.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Can work independently as needed and be able to work well as part of a team.
• Must be able to maintain donor confidentiality.
• Familiarity with Bucks County philanthropy, business and history is preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
To apply, please email a letter of interest, resume and references with "Development Associate" in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. Candidates will be contacted directly regarding interviews.