The Atlanta Botanical Garden, featuring stunning outdoor display gardens, beautiful woodlands, and the Dorothy Chapman Fuqua Conservatory that houses rare and endangered plants from tropical rainforests and desert regions, has an immediate opening for a temporary Exhibit Horticulturist. This position will work through October 2018. It is a 40 hours per week position.
• General exhibit maintenance of mosaiculture sculptures
• Plug transplantation
• Shearing and plant maintenance to achieve aesthetics and design for each sculpture
• Serve as horticulturist resource for the Garden
• Assist with building seasonal displays
• Work on special projects as assigned
• Must be able to sustain moderate physical exertion with full range of body motion for lifting up to 50 lbs
• Must be able to use ladders and lifts
• Previous experience working with hand tools and equipment a plus
• Previous experience working with the public a plus
• Ability to work in all weather conditions
Associates Degree in horticulture, botany or related field or two years of hands-on professional gardening experience a plus.
Email Resume to Careers at firstname.lastname@example.org