Public Garden Career Center - View Job
The Holden Arboretum
Posted: Monday, June 16, 2014
The Holden Arboretum is recruiting for an Acting Librarian who would start in mid-September. This is a part time, temporary position (approximately 20 hours per week)
Acting Librarian will be responsible for
- Effectively using library's resources to respond to inquiries and locating information
- Training users and library volunteers in the use of technology and provides necessary resources
- Establishing and maintaining rapport with current and potential library users
- Effectively maintaining library facilities including space design and utilization, furnishings, equipment, and security
- Cataloguing and indexing resources in accordance with appropriate standards and coordinates the development and application of library technology
- Training and supervising volunteers as support staff for library
- Fostering communication with other libraries and collegial interactions
- Distributing promotional materials to market library products and services
- Circulating educational kits and visitor activity materials
- Serving as library representative to Holden’s outreach story time committee. Participates in program development and implementation
- Degree in Library Science
- 2-3 years library experience preferred
- Strong customer service orientation
- Saturdays are requirement for each week’s work schedule.
Review of applications with begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Qualified applicants should submit a resumé online to:
Posting: June 2014
Close: Until Filled
The Holden Arboretum is an equal opportunity, ADA employer and a drug-free workplace.