Public Garden Career Center - View Job
Kruckeberg Botanic Garden
Posted: Monday, June 9, 2014
Kruckeberg Botanic Garden
KBGF is soliciting resumes for a Development Coordinator. This position is located at the Kruckeberg Botanic Garden with primary responsibilities of coordinating the solicitation of up to $100,000 in donations, sponsorships and grants, recruiting new members, and coordinating events. The position is half time and is compensated with hourly wages of $18/hour.
Job Title: Development Coordinator
Location: Shoreline, WA
Date: January 2014
Reports to: KBGF Executive Director
- Implement strategies for cultivation of new major donors;
- Develop and implement strategies to enhance major donor giving to the garden;
- In partnership with the Executive Director, prepare and submit grants; and
- Generate gift acknowledgments (with support from volunteers), identify candidates for mailings, and ensure timely submissions of required documentation.
- Implement strategies to attain the Garden’s annual membership goals; and
- Implement strategies for cultivation of new major donors
- Coordinate the production of a range of materials for sponsor solicitation; and
- Meet with sponsors and maintain sponsorship program.
- Event Support
- Take responsibility for assigned tasks for major events, including GardenParty (dinner and auction event), Annual Membership Meeting (lecture and meeting), Mother’s Day Sale (membership outreach at nursery), and other events;
- Take responsibility for coordinating with board members and major donors to organize small dinner party fundraisers; and
- Coordinate one “fun” fundraising event per year (e.g., bowl-a-thon, restaurant fundraiser)
- Other Duties
- Meet regularly as needed with the Executive Director and Development committee members.
- Represent KBGF as staff at special events.
- Proven experience in fundraising strategies.
- Proven experience in coordinating fundraising events.
- College graduate or equivalent relevant experience.
- Self-starter who can work independently on concurrent projects and meet deadlines.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills and strong communication skills.
- Creative and strategic thinker with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Consistent in matters of accuracy, presentation, and attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Familiarity with databases preferred.
- Required to work occasional evenings and weekends at special events.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume by June 30 by email to:
Brianne Zorn, email@example.com.
Questions? Contact Brianne at 206-546-1281 x20