Public Garden Career Center - View Job
Seasonal Worker: Private Event
Category: Visitor Services
Posted: Wednesday, June 4, 2014
The Holden Arboretum is recruiting for a seasonal Private Event Representative to assist the Private Event Coordinator with all private rental event activities and delivering outstanding customer service to our members and guests during our busy season.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Special event set-up and tear-down (tents, tables, chairs, equipment and trash removal).
Performing general housekeeping activities and maintaining the general cleanliness of facilities before, during and after events.
Serving as Holden’s representative/liaison for catering and other vendor needs while events are taking place.
Providing prompt and courteous customer service.
Bartending duties may be assigned on an as-needed basis.
Work indoors and out in a variety of weather conditions where there may be extreme variations in temperature, and the weather ranges from clear and sunny to windy and rainy.
- Work days and evenings Friday through Sunday, with flexibility to work other days as needed. In Approximately 12-18 hours per week. Perform strenuous physical activities when necessary for event set-up and tear down.
- Strong customer service skills and experience working with the general public.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and perform effectively in a team environment.
- Catering and/or bartending experience is a plus.
- Valid Ohio driver’s license with less than 4 points.
Essential Elements of the position with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Walking and working on wet, uneven, slippery terrain.
- Kneeling, bending, stooping, grabbing, and reaching.
- Good vision and hearing.
- Ability to understand basic instructions using the English language.
- Hand and arm dexterity.
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 40 lbs.
- Position would start April 15 and end approximately mid October.
Review of applications with begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Qualified applicants should submit a resumé online to: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=8200671
The Holden Arboretum is an equal opportunity, ADA employer and a drug-free workplace.