Public Garden Career Center - View Job
Category: Visitor Services
Mt. Cuba Center
Posted: Monday, January 27, 2014
Mt. Cuba Center
Classification: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Location: Hockessin, Delaware
Mt. Cuba Center seeks multiple Custodial Assistants who will provide excellent skills and services in support of the Custodial and Facilities Teams. Mt. Cuba Center is a non-profit horticultural organization dedicated to the study, conservation, and appreciation of plants of the Eastern United States, with a particular emphasis on the Piedmont region.
The Custodial Assistant is responsible for performing maintenance and custodial duties for the Main House and support facilities of Mt. Cuba Center.
- Performs preventive maintenance and custodial activities within the Main House and other selected organizational facilities in accordance with Mt. Cuba Center, manufacturer and architectural specifications.
- Assists as needed in scheduled preventive maintenance inspections and recordkeeping on the condition of the Main House and organizational facilities.
- Assists with preparation and cleanup of special-use activities scheduled in the Main House or surrounding terraces
- Works collaboratively with users of all facilities where maintenance and custodial activities are performed to insure minimal interruption in the use of the building.
- Assists the facilities staff with the Waste Reduction and Recycling Program. Maintains all waste and recycling areas in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Monitors and maintains appropriate levels of supplies and materials in support of custodial operations and reports this information to the Custodian and the Facility and Sustainability Manager.
- Performs related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education, Skills, Qualifications:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with the staff and the public.
- Consistently high demonstration of Mt. Cuba Center’s core values.
- Knowledge of cleaning and maintenance methods is required along with basic skills to identify problems.
- Knowledge and skill in the use of computers is desirable.
- Demonstrated self-motivation, organization, attention to detail and ability to effectively function without close supervision.
- Ability and willingness to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Ability to work a flexible 20 hour work week to accommodate events with night and weekend duty required.
- Valid driver’s license.
Date Available: Immediately
Compensation: Hourly wage is commensurate with experience
How to Apply:
Applications must be received by February 15th. Please email a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to: email@example.com
Closing Date: This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is hired.