Public Garden Career Center - View Job
Myriad Botanical Gardens
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Posted: Thursday, January 9, 2014
Myriad Botanical Gardens
Position: Lead Horticulturist
Type: Full-time; Exempt
Location: Myriad Botanical Gardens in Oklahoma City
Job Summary: Assist Director of Horticulture with planning, developing, coordinating and supervising the outside gardens and gardeners.
· Supervise and lead team of gardeners.
· Implement proper landscape maintenance and IPM programs.
· Attention to detail required.
· Manage irrigation system and water schedule
· Work side by side with gardeners daily in various weather conditions.
· Ensure the equipment is inspected, maintained, and operating regularly.
· Assist Director of Horticulture with purchasing needs.
· Develop and manage gardeners daily and weekly work schedules and objectives.
· Coordinate & communicate with other managers.
· Assist with curatorial duties such as identification, signage, and plant records.
· Assist with educational programming and signage.
· Assist with special events to create unique horticulture displays.
· Ensure all tasks are completed on a timely basis.
· Other tasks as assigned by Director of Horticulture.
· Bachelor of Science degree in Horticulture or equivalent experience preferred.
· Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
· Minimum 3 years horticulture supervisory experience.
· Pesticide Applicator’s License.
· Ability to follow directions and work independently, as well as supervise and work as part of a team.
· Highly motivated and active self-starter
· Flexibility to work in an ever-changing environment with demonstrated ability to prioritize and juggle competing tasks and demands.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Basic experience with vehicle maintenance, mowing, construction and irrigation systems and other water feature equipment.
· Knowledge of basic irrigation.
Myriad Gardens Foundation supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application, interview or hiring process, please notice Human Resources at 405-445-7083 to make arrangements.
Please apply by sending:
· A completed application (which can be found at http://www.myriadgardens.org) or resume with references to: Myriad Gardens Foundation, ATT, A. Elkins 301 West Reno, Oklahoma City, OK 73102 or firstname.lastname@example.org.