Public Garden Career Center - View Job
Mounts Botanical Garden
West Palm Beach, Florida
Posted: Monday, August 5, 2013
Mounts Botanical Garden
• The Volunteer Coordinator is a part-time position reporting to the Director of Mounts Botanical Garden.
• The Volunteer Coordinator works with Events Chair, Events and Education Coordinators, Horticulture Supervisor and Master Gardener Coordinator.
• Recruitment of new volunteers while maintaining an existing base and a high level of retention
• Achieving a high level of satisfaction of volunteers.
• Ensuring success with our programs and events with a strong volunteer presence and well
coordinated and executed effort.
• Ability to prioritize, plan and organize the work of others.
• Recruit new volunteers
• Training volunteers as needed
• Manage and maintain volunteer records
• Solving and dissipating conflicts with volunteers
• Arranging for and proper placement of volunteers at events and programs
• Attend and monitor all volunteer driven events
• Attendance at events occasional outside normal hours
• Create and execute with staff assistance two membership appreciation events each year
• Exercising independent judgment and initiative when needed
• Communication to volunteers through well written letters, announcements and e-mail
• Quick response to volunteer needs
• Process all volunteer expenses
General Duties and Skills:
• Demonstrate the highest standards of conduct, attitude and appearance
• Exhibit tact, honesty and integrity
• Assume or delete responsibilities based on Mounts Botanical Garden's changing needs
• Respond courteously to telephone calls or visitors when other staff is not available
• Be available for occasional evening, special event and/ or weekend work
• Understand and adhere to all applicable safety policies and procedures
• General office administration duties as needed
• Other duties as assigned
• College or associates degree preferred, but high school diploma or equivalent accepted
• Two years experience in volunteer coordinating, sales or related work appropriated to the assignment
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel and knowledge database software helpful
• Effective ability to communicate both orally and in writing
Duration: Part-time@ up to 24 hours per week, year-round
Please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: R. .Allen Sistrunk, Director
Mounts Botanical Garden, 559 N. Military Trail, West Palm Beach, FL 33415
Telephone (561) 233-1757