Public Garden Career Center - View Job
Atlanta Botanical Garden
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2013
The Atlanta Botanical Garden, featuring stunning outdoor display gardens, beautiful woodlands, and the Dorothy Chapman Fuqua Conservatory that houses rare and endangered plants from tropical rainforests and desert regions, has an immediate opening for a full time Assistant Horticulturist.
- General garden maintenance
- Recognition of plant nutrition deficiencies
- Recognition of pest infestation and damage
- Plant transplantation
- Planting and removal of plants
- Assist in maintaining an effectively run volunteer program
- Serve as horticulturist resource for the Garden
- Work on special projects as assigned
- Must be able to sustain moderate physical exertion with full range of body motion for lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to operate hand and power garden equipment
- Previous experience working with the public a plus
- Valid Driver’s License
- Fluency in English
- Computer literacy
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
Associates Degree in horticulture, botany or related field or two years of hands-on professional gardening experience
Please apply for the Assistant Horticulturist position by accessing the following link:
No Phone Calls Please
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.