Public Garden Career Center - View Job
Accounts Payable Administrator
Mt. Cuba Center
Posted: Wednesday, May 8, 2013
Title: Accounts Payable Administrator
Classification:Part Time, Non Exempt
Department: Business Operations
Location: Hockessin, Delaware
The Accounts Payable Administrator is responsible for all aspects of the organization’s operations as they relate to business issues including, but not limited to, maintenance of financial records and accounts payable/receivables. As a part-time employee, the hours worked per year must be under 1000.
Major Duties, Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- The Accounts Payable Administrator is accountable for weekly operation of accounts payable/receivables.
- In consultation with the Director of Business Operations and Executive Director, makes recommendations regarding financial, legal, technology and other business issues.
- Processes incoming invoices and outgoing checks using Quickbooks Online program.
- Works with Executive Director and Directors to prepare and monitor organization-wide annual budget.
- Reconciles checks and cash received for tours and lectures using Vista Ticketmaster program.
- Maintains financial information, files and records.
- Monitors account balances and related financial activity.
- Responds to inquires of staff and administration regarding financial procedures for the purpose of providing information and direction.
- Interfaces with auditors to facilitate production of annual independent audit.
- Monthly reports.
Qualifications, Skills and Other Requirements:
- Associates in Business Administration/Accounting or similar area required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with the staff and the public.
- Must be able to demonstrate confidentiality, self-motivation, organization, attention to detail and the ability to effectively function without close supervision.
- Thorough familiarity with accounting procedures.
- Proficiency in accounting and related software programs.
- Consistently high demonstration of Mt. Cuba Center’s core values.
- Ability and willingness to work weekends, holidays and special events as needed.
- Valid driver’s license.
The position will be offered on condition of meeting a basic Background Check. Background checks are conducted post-offer, prior to permanent hiring.
Date Available:June 1, 2013
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply: All interested parties should e-mail a cover letter, résumé, and list of 3 references (please include addresses and telephone numbers) to email@example.com mail to: Human Resources, Mt. Cuba Center, Inc., 3120 Barley Mill Rd., Hockessin, DE 19707. Call Angie Martin at 302-239-8820 for more information.
Closing Date: This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is hired.
Mt. Cuba Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer